Address: 88, Kemball Street, Ipswich IP4 5EA
Telephone (Home): 07760361995
A results-oriented and proactive Manager with expertise in providing painting and decorating services and managing contracts. A resourceful and educated professional in regulatory and safety compliance with successful experience multitasking and delivering economically efficient and sustainable painting and decoration solutions to private customers and contractors. A natural leader, possesses excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills and the ability to develop positive relationships both internally and externally and undertaking contractual painting and decorating. A team-builder and approachable professional, enjoys being part of, as well as managing, a productive team and thrives in highly pressurised and challenging working environments.
2015 – Date
David Driscoll Painters and Decorators, Suffolk
- Recently started a painting and decorating business, David Driscoll Painters and Decorators, and currently managing daily business and administrative daily operations including payroll, record keeping, accounting, staffing and undertaking contractual painting and decorating.
- Visiting construction sites and other venues to build strategic partnership with clients and gaining new contracts.
- Effectively managing sub-contracted painters and decorators to meet deadlines and provide good customer service.
2013 – 2015
Homestead PDS Ltd, Ipswich, Suffolk
- As a director of Homestead PDS Ltd, managed daily business and administrative operations including accounting, record keeping, inventory and payroll.
- Completed monthly records of sub-contracted painters’ work, managed staff and implemented changes to operational procedures to streamline operations and provide good customer service.
- Actively networked and visited construction sites to gain profitable contracts for the company.
2007 – 2013
Homestead PDS, Ipswich, Suffolk
- Started a decorating business, Homestead PDS, and managed daily business and administrative operations, including accounting, bookkeeping and networking to gain new contracts.
- Effectively managed monthly records, stock inventories, sub-contracted painters schedules and payroll to streamline operations.
- Maintained detailed log records of work for each contract and multi-tasked to manage an average of 7 painters working at different locations concurrently.
2006 – 2007
Self-Employed Painter Decorator
QPS Quality Painting Services, Ipswich, Suffolk
- As a self-employed painter decorator, provided painting and decoration services and communicated professionally and with confidence with customers to achieve excellent performance and customer satisfaction.
- Actively listened to customers to ensure services were planned and executed appropriately.
2001 – 2006
Delivery Service Assistant | Team Leader Shop Floor
Tesco, Chelmsford, Essex
- Worked as an assistant to manage delivery service operations and developed improvements in procedures to streamline work flow and meet company targets.
- Trained and mentored shop floor operators, managed schedules and ensured tasks were correctly executed by each team member.
1989 – 2000
Self-Employed Painter | Painter Decorator
Private Work and Contractors, Essex
- Worked as a self-employed painter and provided excellent painting services to private customers
- As a self-employed painter decorator, delivered painting and decorating services to several contractors concurrently, including Private Dwellings (Chelmsford), Young & Jay Painting contractor (Hockley), S.M.
- Tinsley Painting Contractor (Chelmsford), Lawless Painting Contractor (Harlow) and QPS Painting Contractor (Baddow).
- Purchased materials, managed customer orders and ensured sub-contracted staff met targets and provided excellent services.
1986 – 1989
Apprentice Painting and Decorating
Countryside Properties PLC, Billericay, Essex
- Serving as an apprentice at countryside properties PLC, practiced and developed a passion for providing painting and decorating services to customers in a timely manner and with the highest standards of quality
- Developed excellent time management skills by working in more than a painting or decorating job simultaneously and keeping track of deadlines and personnel involved.
- Compiled lists of materials needed and maintaining detailed logs of different projects.
- Improved my communication and interpersonal skills, by listening to feedback from managers and senior co-workers about my work and by communicating professionally with customers.
- Learnt techniques and best practices for the use of the different painting and decorating materials.
Education, professional certifications and registration numbers
At Essex Institute of Further Education (1986-1989):
- CQMS safety scheme, competent and compliant with the SSIP core criteria # 2011/1250
- IPAF Mobile 3a mobile boom 3b boss training Ltd certificate number # OP/0637701
- Site management safety training scheme # 1606732
- Site safety plus registration number # 1606732
- Advanced city and guilds of London Institute #016317/5942/00370/1/29/08/69
- NJCBI certificate number #404363
- Apprentice with countryside properties PLC Ref: PERS/AB
- Asbestos awareness #1575-590886-604984
- Employers and public liability #PPEZMF/0008572
I.T. ~ Linux mint
First Aid ~ Qualified, AP # 41932
Interests and activities ~ Enjoying Weekends, Living, Fitness, YouTube, Creating Picture Books, Social Media, Eating Healthy, Resting.
References are available on request.
select a photo to view a larger version